Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Blog Update: With Sparkling Eyes

Hey guys! As you may have noticed, the top of this blog no longer reads "The Road to Wednesday" but "With Sparkling Eyes". The URL has changed too, so if you're looking to read anything on here you will now need to check withsparklingeyes.blogspot.com. Everybody good?

AN EXPLANATION (accompanied by a pic of sparkly eyes because I'm queen of the obvious today)


I started this blog in 2011, when I was 15 years old (oh gawd). Of course I wanted to give my blog the most unique and clever name I possibly could. I wanted it to be "deep" and "have meaning". So, liking the idea of journey and adventure, I thought, you know, the ROAD, the ROAD to somewhere. And my favorite day of the week was Wednesday (that was the day I had figure skating lessons, and once a month we got to leave school two hours early). Of course, a road leading to a place would be far too ordinary, but what about a road leading to a day? It's diversion from all logic seemed SO COOL. What's more, this could signify the passage of time, the continuous cycle of life that we are all living, repeating as it passes Wednesday after Wednesday, on a never-ending path!

And thus my mouthful of a blog name was born.

I realized a while ago that it was awkward. It didn't really make sense, it carried a ton of syllables… I realized it was the wrong name earlier this year, when I decided that I really wanted to share this blog but… I was embarrassed to tell people the name so they could go find it.

My blog has also been gaining more traction in terms of content and readership, and I'm working on a side project I hope will eventually see the light of day as well. I'm really working to build this thing (with I-don't-know-what end goal in mind, but hey) and I want it to be the best it can be. I love doing this. I love hearing from people who have benefitted from some post or another on here. And I want them not to have to struggle with some god-awful spoonful of junk when they're trying to understand this blog's title.

It's time for a change.

That's why The Road to Wednesday is becoming With Sparkling Eyes (ironically, I just realized, on a Wednesday). The name and the URL have both changed. My hopes are that a) I'm not totally fucking up anything I've written in the past or making it harder for you to access posts, and b) that the new name will give you all a better idea of the focus of this blog and this lifestyle I believe in sharing.

I believe in looking at the world with a curious and inquisitive gaze.

I believe in travel, in seeing the world through hundreds of eyes and as many cultures as possible.

I believe in searching every day for the light, love and magic in your universe.

I would love for us all to engage in the world, fully, with an open mind and with sparkling eyes.

As always, THANK YOU for being a part of this little corner of love and glitter. I'll keep on posting to help you become the happiest, most excited and glorious version of yourself, and I hope you'll keep reading.

Happy Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment